CD Error

• Thread starter Land_Rover_D2_Lover
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

Land_Rover_D2_Lover

hello,
I have a 2001 Land Rover Discovery 2, and the CD changer is not working. The display on the radio reads "NO CD", but there are all 6 CD's in the magazine. I tried to pull out the magazine, and insert it back into the changer a few times to see if it recognizes it, but no success. Could anyone be able to provide me with any help? Thanks in advance!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance you have the CD's in the wrong side up? If I recall correctly they have to be facing top (pictures side) down and blank side up.

L

Land_Rover_D2_Lover

thanks for the reply, but I don't think that will solve the problem. I had them working earlier, and they were faced down. It just suddenly decided not to work the other day, after I had switched out some CD's in the magazine. Thank you for the response thou!

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem, I am having my rover serviced for a different reason but I've asked that they take a look at this problem. They are usually very helpful in describing the problems with my rover so I'll let you know what the diagnosis was so one of us can possibly save some $$. I think its a fuse related to the right side of the vehicle but I'm not sure.

L

Land_Rover_D2_Lover

that would be VERY much appreciated if you could find out what the problem is and hopefully there is a quick solution to this irritating problem.. Thanks!!!!

P

penguinpowered

I should mention that these units do quite often go bad. I had the same head/changer unit in my 96 BMW 318ti as I do in the 'Rover - and the CD Changer did the same thing. Turns out the laser went bad, which means you have to replace the entire unit. Since they were asking about $800 - I politely told them no.

J

jdool76

I have used both regular CD's and burned CD's in my 96' Disco

R

rovering

I experienced the identical problem you decribed. I had a mixed of burnt and Original CDs loaded. At one point it would not eject the magazine. I applied a bit of pressure to the blue eject button quite a few times to no avail. After I slapped the hell of of the unit....the magazine flew out into my hand....well actually I tapped the top of the unit ....I replaced it with all origional CDs. I have changed CDs a few times since then with no problems. This was a few thousand miles ago. I experienced the same "no CD" with the an ML 55. Most of these systems dont like "reproduced" CDs as I have now learnt. I hate to advise you to slap the damn thing (dont abuse it!, tis a fine line we walk!)......but it worked for me! Should you take it up on yourself to try this line of persuation, make sure that the sliding plastic tab that keeps the magazine from ejecting itself is out of the way to the right side. Also press the eject button in concert with the tapping.
On a similar note; as my friend was leaving my driveway a few nights back with his 2001 SD, I noticed a tail light out....I warned him...from his driver's seat he said "ahhh slap it gently for me". I did as instructed....the light came back on....Is there a pattern here? These wanton acts of ****** was not something I forsaw when I purchased the Landy......but you know, we cant see everything coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

supra88

laser go bad on this units in 3 to 4 years for some reason when you play cdr/cdrw they last less the red laser light turns on a lot brighter to read the information on a copy cd.
This makes the cd changer work more dealer are crazy charging 700 to 1000 for a cd changer when you can find them for under 300.00 online

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4