Cd player died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CD player in the radio has died on me. I no longer have the factory Warr. so I will have to buy a new Head unit. I have not Called to see how much one is yet. Has anyone installed an aftermarket system in their vehicle vet. I know it is a pain to do but was wondering about how much they have into it and how bad it realy is. I am assuming the factory radio will be stupid expensive so It may be worth the money to get a quality Head unit. 2005 SE-7 V8

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From reading the UK disco3 forum, I believe you may wind up loosing a few dash features since they are controlled through the head unit. There's also a great post there by a user by the name of BBSSPY who stripped his base spec LR3 completely and upgraded it to pretty much HSE spec. In the UK the base spec is also significantly more "base" then our SE version (ie, cloth seats, lower grade stereo, etc, etc,), so this is quite an interesting undertaking.

In terms of replacement head units, I've seen a few pass by on eBay, but have absolutely no recollection of price...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo