CD stuck in player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jwc3

On my way home from work today I was listening to the CD player in my 05 LR3 SE. I decided to switch from CD 5 to 4. When I pressed the "4" button, the system made some noises, then displayed "CD Error" on the screen. I pressed the eject button, but it didn't come out. Now the screen displays "CD Error" all the time and I can't listed to any of the 6 CDs. (The FM radio does still work.) Has anyone else had this problem? Just wanted to check before I take it into the shop.

D

DonA

I had the same issue once but it worked fine after I shut the engine off and removed the key.

The radio defiantly has some bugs. About once a week or so the buttons on the steering wheel seem to get messed. I push next track and the volume goes up? I push Vol + and it says "No Phone Attached". If I stop & start the engine it works fine again.

Of course it happens only once a week so I doubt the dealer will fix it unless I can make it happen there.

2005 LR3 V8 SE7

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the problem that you described. However, half the time when I start my '05 LR3 SE, the radio will automatically switch from the CD Player to the radio with the volume muted. Weird, I must say.

ayates

Reaction score
Yep had the same problem with a CD Error message ... ended up changing out the entire unit.... but never did get my CD's back from LR .... the dealer has to send it back to LR to open up the unit.

Adrian

T

texas911

Mine had that problem and they had to replace the whole headunit, unfortunately for me they didn't have one available to replace for 3 months! Something about changing suppliers.

J

jwc3

I've had the problem for several days now, so I can confirm that turning the car on and off doesn't fix it. I have an appointment to take it next week. I'll let you know what happens, but I'm not encouraged by the replies to this thread so far.

J

JimLR3

Mine worked fine for over a year. Then my wife bought the new Rob Thomas CD. As soon as she inserted it the unit gave a CD ERROR fault and stopped working all together. Afterwards she commented that the cd seemed a little thicker than other cds. Dealer tried to fix but could not. So they replaced the whole unit. I am waiting for the cds to be returned.... of course they can keep the Rob Thomas one.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JimLR3, if that Rob Thomas disc was a DualDisc... that's why it got stuck. If you check your manual, it warns you. It's thicker. (A DualDisc is two sided: one side is a DVD, the other is CD compatible.) The discs can't officially carry the "CD" logo because of this.

Warning: If you get a DualDisc stuck, they don't have to honor the warranty. This is common with all slot loaders/changers.

J

JimLR3

Grommet, Still have the box it came in and you are right. Thanks for the heads up on future purchases. Need to explain this to the wife.
jimlr3

J

jwc3

Hello, gang. Reporting back, as promised. I took my LR3 with stuck CD player to the dealer. Sure enough, they replaced the whole unit and shipped the old one back to the factory in the UK for CD extraction. When I picked-up my LR3 the new CD player still didn't work. Seems that they forgot to remove a shipping pin that prevents the mechanism from being damaged during shipping. Now all is well, except that I don't have 6 of my CDs, and I hold my breath when I insert a new CD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM