CDL Stuck in Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

I was cruising today with friends and we stumbled across a puddle we had to splash in. We put it in low to get some quick speed, had our fun and went to stick it back in high but couldn't, now it's stuck in low. :O -

There was a slight strain putting it into low, I had to "find" it. I use low frequently to make sure it doesn't get fused or stuck in high, so it's not a "I don't use it very often" problem I believe. But anyway, now when I try to put it back in high it wont budge. I can feel the groove to pull it back down, but it feels like something is stuck in the way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

D

discomike

I would suggest you go under the truck and try to shift out of low by hand. Try not to bend/force any of the linkage, then clean and lube up all the mechcanism.
Mike J.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast were you driving it in low range?.... "We put it in low to get some quick speed" Sometimes if you let it roll really slowly in neutral it will let it pop out while you shift.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys; Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike, what do you mean by "Go under and try to shift out of low by hand" - I'd be more than willing to try that if you could elaborate a bit further on the method. (I have the Rave CD if you can point out any reference pictures) Otherwise, I already have the Gator removed and am looking at the transfer mechanism. (Been reading up on http://home.twcny.rr.com/eeibooks/rover/discodifflock.htm with no luck)

Cole, that is normally how i get it into and out of high/low - but for some reason it just stopped working. I had it in low for about 45 seconds before attempting to go back into high gear; when I went to pull the lever down, (In neutral going about 3 mph) it wouldn't budge.

Thanks for the suggestions, I can't afford to bring this to a machanic and I really hope you guys can help!

Rich

D

discomike

I was thinking of have you grab a hold of the CDL ****** where it comes out of the t/case as shown on the picture looking at the t/case from the top with the arrow pointing at it.
Mike J.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike; Sorry to say your method didn't work.

But I fixed it, and maybe someone can corrolate all this together somehow?

I disconnected and reconnected the battery, started the car up. And now everything is working like normal. For some reason I do not see the logic in that? =\

At least I didn't pay a machanic to find that out for me! Thanks for the suggestions anyways guys, I really appriciate it.

Rich

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't think of anything, However, the first thing you do when a TV, computer or appliance acts up is unplug it, (but they don't have manual transfer cases) ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635