Cell Phone Wilson Booster Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newthings

Reaction score
Cell phone Wilson booster installation with NMB antenna

Antenna
Screw the 90 degree bracket to the roof rack cross bar center. Mount the NMB antenna base to the 90 degree bracket. Drill a larger hole to get the NMB base to be flush with the bracket.
Run the wire to a position above the two door junction. Secure with zip ties to the roof rack. Make a razor cut in the tubular door gasket near the wire. Spray in some silicone fluid. Slide the connector into the gasket opening. Feed the wire down to the front of the door near the rubber plug for the door electrics. Feel for the connector and razor cut an opening in the gasket. Pull out the connector. Punch a hole in the plug. Feed the connector through the plug. Pull the wire above and across the foot well plastic cover. Feed the wire along the edge of the console and use a stiff wire to fish the connector up through a hole drilled in the center of the console under the rubber liner. Route the wire up to the amp. Replace the supplied USB to USB mini wire with a 12” wire version to eliminate dealing with excess wire. Replace the 12v to 5v power supply with a iPEGA dual supply to feed the iPhone and the amp. I replaced the Wilson Sleek due to AM radio noise. New Wilson has the same problems. The 5v power source creates a low level of noise around 1370 AM and the connection to the Wilson Amp creates a large slow hash of noise. I tried a number of supplies and
I got a new Ipega 5V supply and the problem is gone.

Cheers, Roy

Attachments

• phonamp.jpg
    phonamp.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 14
  • phonant2.JPG
    phonant2.JPG
    783 KB · Views: 15
  • phonant.JPG
    phonant.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: