Check Engine - Running Fine. Lots of codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donarba

Reaction score
2011 LR4 w/ 145k miles

Check engine light recently popped up. Tan diagnostic on it and came up with these codes:
P219A
P0153
P0I72
P0175
P0420
P0430
P003C
P003E
P0442

I cleaned both MAF sensors, checked the gas cap, etc. Running fine, but there might be a little fluctuation in the RPM’s when in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.
Seems like the codes are coming from 02 sensor. Does that seem right? Anything else I should I should try before taking it into the shop?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with clearing the codes and see what comes back first. A couple of those codes are camshaft position sensor codes. I expect that’s the source. Throwing off the fuel injection timing causing a rich condition that is causing the o2 and catalyst codes. Might be the sensors, might be the vvt units. Could be timing chain, but I don’t like to jump to that right away.

The cel might actually be that last evap code. so clear the codes first - maybe some are old. but i wouldn’t put this off for long. running rich will destroy the cats.

donarba

Reaction score
i cleared the codes and filled it with a new tank of gas and while i was at it, i cleaned the gas cap and whatever the area is called that you pump it and the codes haven't reappeared. i will give it another 100 miles or so and check the faults again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635