Check this out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In response to my squeaky brakes post, here is the update.

I picked up my 06 HSE on 02/18. I drove her home and I drove her here and there, sparingly, because I was having a clear bra put on the front and did not want to run the risk of getting a chip.

The clear bra install took place this past Friday. I starting driving her everyday after that and noticed the brake squeaking even more, which caused me to make an appointment with my dealer.

Well, she went in today and I just got the word that they had to replace all 4 rotors and all the brake pads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

The reason that they gave me was.....

The tire dressing that they put on the tires must have been oversprayed on the rotors, and due to the fact that I did not drive the vehicle a lot, the spray affected the rotors causing the brakes to now squeak.

Believe it or not???????? I am skeptical as I have used a ton of "tire shine"
on my tires over the years and have never ruined my brakes.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A freaking brand new vehicle that needs new rotors and brakes.

I can't think for the life of me why they would need to do that.

X

xcursion

They probably can't figure out why and simply replaced everything, since LR will pay for it. Then just use some stupid excuse to cover up for it.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well :
I've been to 27 county fairs, 5 axel geaseins, 3 chicken pluckins and a Bossy Bingo....and I aint never heard anything like that !!!
Cheers
John

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I would rather hear, "we just don't know" than what I got for a reason.

I did a google search on the topic of tire shine, and I found a couple of websites where they mention "glazing" due to using tire shine.

I don't know who to belive, but in any case it's being fixed.

My aliens did it;)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time in the auto industry and you really have to soak brake pads in tire shine before they chatter. I'm stumped as to why they put rotors on though. A little brake cleener and and residue would have been gone. WOW! Crazy stuff.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her back, no squeaks!

Weird, but they really treated me well.

Gave me a HSE loaner, came and got it at my work and delivered mine back to me washed and ready to go.

X

xcursion

Well, at least the truck was fixed and the service was great...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM