Clear Bra....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

texas911

While at the tint shop I saw that they offered Clear Bra installation. They quoted me $600 with the headlights and foglights. Anyone with experience with this?

W

w6000

I have had quotes between 500-600 dollars. How much was the window tinting?

T

texas911

The tint was $80, lifetime warranty, metallic content, 35%.

F

Freeflytim

Mine was $75 for the front tints and you can intall you're own clear stuff. I have the headlight and foglight film but have not stuck it on yet. I noticed my first little rock chip next to the 'Rover' on the hood and plan on getting the hood film next. I got mine from http://www.xpel.com/. The headlight film is thicker than the body protection.

w6000 said:
I have had quotes between 500-600 dollars. How much was the window tinting?

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a quote of $400 for the hood, bumper, grille and headlamps.

I am having it done even before she hits the road. I live in the east and the winters here chew up everything. I can't take that chance.

I have a friend of mine who owns a body shop and I asked him if it was worth it. He told me definately. It is a wave of the future. I also asked him about the xenons and he told me that it does not affect it at all.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on mine. I would think that it's more helpful preventing chips in paint than cracked headlight lenses, which would be the part that would make you back your investment. Is it worth it? I personally don't think so, but it was already installed on the LR3 I wanted.
However, it looks great - almost truly invisible. they had to cut out around the Land Rover lettering, and did a very nice job.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted the "Promotional Price" below when I bought my LR3 back in June.
>
>Bumper kit,Hood kit & Grill kit professionally installed for $588.00 plus
>tax. Installation time (1/2 day)

I was looking at the 3M product (forget the name) at the time. I ended up not getting it. Just seemed like a lot of money and there weren't a lot of people in my area with experience doing it. (I wanted references and such since I've never seen an install).

F

Freeflytim

Since the thread is updated, Ill update. Instead of doing it myself, I had my window tint joint apply a 'clear bra' and it was $275 for the front end. That was last March and it still looks good.

J

jcegold

I just had all widows and all sun roofs tinted + clear bra on front end for 700.00. The clear bra was 350.00. The guy spent most of the day on it. Spend $50,000+ for a new car in two years have 50,00 + miles on the rig with no chips on front end. Hmm
If you do it your self make sure you have a heat gun to help stretch it on front end, although use very little heat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99