climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: That TSB doesn't seem to exist in North America, but maybe I'm blind. Maybe it'll eventually appear... Anyway, I haven't had "issues."

A

Amir

grommet, have you noticed that the air coming from front vents (next to NAV and doors) is not as warm as the footwell? just wondering if it is normal...

H

Houm_WA

I notice that when I dial the passenger side temp to cool, and the driver's to hot, the air coming from the driver's side door vent is cooler than if I then dial the passenger side to hot.....? Should that air get affected by the other side setting? I'm in "manual" and not "auto" when I do this.

Also, if I have the system set to panel and I manually turn off the vent (from the little rotary knob) on the driver's side door vent, air STILL COMES OUT !!!

Thoughts?

D

dronedog

xcursion said:
The sensors for the auto headlight is located in the black platic shell behind the rearview mirror (along with the sensor for wiper) and I don't think its adjustable...As for the hat trick, it will throw the computer off by insulating the sensor from the environment.

If you want to block the glass roof with foam padding (doesnt sound like a very good idea thou), make sure it will withstand the heat cuz it does get pretty hot in there. And white would be a better color to reflect the heat.

i am not sure but i don't think the sensor on the dash is a temperature sensor. it is only a light sensor. the temp sensor is probably in the dash. at least on the other cars i have owned it is that way.
as for the foam padding the glass above is very dark and the area is not sealed off. the netting below is only netting and will not hold heat. most cars that have a sun roof also have a sliding hatch to close it off. whatever color it is (and maybe white on top is a good idea) it would hold enough heat to cause a problem. and i only plan to use in the winter. but just my thoughts. thanks for yours.
the dog

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
Houm_WA said:
Also, if I have the system set to panel and I manually turn off the vent (from the little rotary knob) on the driver's side door vent, air STILL COMES OUT !!!

Thoughts?

Call your dealer. I had the same problem. One of the vent controls was broken from the factory and they had to replace the entire vent assembly.

H

Houm_WA

Grendal,

Thanks, the dealer has been so informed...but I don't know if I really want them getting their hands in there...do they have to take the whole dash apart to get this new assembly installed? I would assume so. I could almost live with it.

A Rover regional manager also mentioned that something could've occured while the dealer installed my wood trim. The trim needs to be replaced (the glue sucks) so maybe when they pull it up they can take a look at the vent.

My philosophy is that every time you take something apart and put it back together, you're asking for trouble. I don't want to take the chance that my re-assembled dash rattles like a sonofabitch just so that the trickle of air can be stopped.

Hmmmph, nobody else drives this thing, so it's not like I have to be embarassed by LR's inability to design a proper ventilation system if someone else noticed it...no one will!! So I may be able to live with it.

What about cool air coming out as if it's affected by the passenger-side settings? Did yours do that too? Interesting that it's ONLY that vent that is effected....

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
Houm_WA said:
Grendal,

Thanks, the dealer has been so informed...but I don't know if I really want them getting their hands in there...do they have to take the whole dash apart to get this new assembly installed? I would assume so. I could almost live with it.

I am not sure, but don't think so. The replaced mine while I waited it took about 30 minutes.

Houm_WA said:
What about cool air coming out as if it's affected by the passenger-side settings? Did yours do that too? Interesting that it's ONLY that vent that is effected....
I did notice since I found this problem within a couple of days of delivery and the vent that was broken was one of the passenger vents. I would get it fixed .

X

xcursion

Houm, I finally got a chance to play with the a/c sys in my truck. With the fan rotary *** to off, the system shuts down, no air from front vents. And with different temp setting between left and right, it works as it suppose to, in both auto or manual mode. Although I must say in auto mode, the difference in temp is more noticable. So I would have your dealer check your system. As for removing or unscrew panels or parts from interior, I feel you. I know its probably just me, but I swear I feel the car is looser every time they do that. So I wont let the dealer remove anything unless absolutely neccessary.

Dronedog, how about cutting a windshield shade to fit that gap? Would be easy to fold and store when not in use. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72