Condenser Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the condenser fans on my 97 Disco are not operating. Fuses are okay. Where is the easiest connector to check fan continuity located? Can't find it in the Rave docs.
:stupid:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about testing the fans, they are a high failure item when they are of the age yours are.
Replace them before you have over heat issues.

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fans

Thanks, Mike. Where's a good place to find replacements?

:adore:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you can find a good set at an auto salvage yard, or go to Roverlandparts.com or the dealer for a new set.

1997LRLSE

Reaction score
Don,
Did you find a good deal on your condenser fans? I have a 1997 LR and may have a similar problem, although mine intermittanly work. I have seen that they are about $300 bucks. I have also read that a Toyota Corolla fan will fit the LR housing and are much cheaper. I am wondering if ther is a temp switch involved that may be failing and much cheaper and easier to replace. If you found a solution, please share...Thanks.

Bj

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find your response to be flippant, Mike. Obviously, you are: A. Weatlhy. B. Someone who has access to discounted or dealer-cost parts. C. All of the above.

Personally, I find you to be an angry man, were you forced to retire?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? I am retired on disability, know where to buys parts based on research and time in the business. Angry, especially when I get such crap from a reply from someone who asked a question based on his lack of knowledge regarding his Rover, and for whatever reason did not like my reply.

1997LRLSE

Reaction score
@Mike…et al
A couple things1. I personally appreciate your help and advice. My philosophy is that there are no experts, just people with more experience than one’s self and 2. I am also disabled. A disabled Veteran. Living in AZ and having darker (if not grayer) hair, I have been told that I am not allowed to park in the disabled parking spots (even though I have the MVD emblem) and that I need to go back to Mexico. I find that interesting in that the older, Anglo couple telling me that were coming out of Taco Bell ("Run for the Border") I am actually Irish...Point is, we don't know anything about anyone else on these forums except that we all seem to have a common affinity for Land Rovers and like sharing our woes and successes with them. So, to anyone else reading this, take the advice of others as a guide to your solution as well as respect and appreciate the fact that a total stranger took an interest in your dilemma. Just my 2 cents and thanks to Mike and others who got me looking for a solution to my problem…It is now fixed…
Bj

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112