Control Arm Bushings (CPO Warranty?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vindio

Reaction score
Just took my "new to me" CPO, 2011 LR4 to the LR dealer for the 60K scheduled maintenance service. They recommend that I change the control arm bushings, as they're showing signs of wear.

I searched the forums, and saw that some of you had gotten LR to cover this under "warranty". Has anybody gotten the worked covered under the CPO Warranty, specifically?

Thanks in advance!

v

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they mention that it's not covered under warranty? I would assume the warranty would cover it if it fails...not if it's "warn out"

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worn out means you pay under CPO. AT 60k miles they are worn out no matter what. It's not a failure.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 as well and a extended warranty - not CPO but CoverageOne. Just had the control arm bushings done under warranty. They were worn out.

jim6090

Reaction score
Symptoms

What we're the symptoms that you knew they were worn out? We have a 2012 LR4 with 50K miles. Still seems pretty tight and tire wear is pretty even for a LR.

vindio

Reaction score
What we're the symptoms that you knew they were worn out? We have a 2012 LR4 with 50K miles. Still seems pretty tight and tire wear is pretty even for a LR.

No real symptoms that I've noticed (although my wife is the primary driver - she hasn't complained about anything). Maybe a bit of a clunk leaving a parking space when turning the wheel. Not that noticeable, though.

v

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't really notice anything. I was getting some new tires put on and the dealer said there was excessive play. Same as Vindio my wife is the primary driver and she would never notice it.

However, after the did it the repair the front end is much tighter now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM