coolant and other problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discotec

I bought a 98 disco about 4 months ago I have devloped a coolent leak from around my intake.
I am planing to replace the gaskets on the intake, water pump , timing cover.
has any one had a problem with the intake leaking befor
Also on a nother note, I was playing in some mud the other day
I must have run through a large pothole all I herd was boom and my rear
blinkers came on like the hazard button was depresed I could hear a relay
clicking from under the dash. When I pressed hazard button I could hear
two relays open and close. I shut my truck off and restarted fixing the problem now I have no parking lights driver side.
I need help
thank you
kurt

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same coolant leak. Hopefully, I will be fixing those by next week when the parts get here. Good luck.

D

discomike

Kurt,
It is common to have the intake manifold leak cookant.
Don't know what to tell you about the lights, that is bazzar.
Mke J.

S

SteveA

Kurt,

If you hit a big pothole, and the blinkers started flashing, you've triggered the interia switch. Look under the hood on the passenger side on the firewall, and you will see a round black button. Push this to reset the switch. It thinks you've been in an accident. It's supposed to cut off the fuel pump as well. Maybe it was only partially triggered. I've seen stranger stuff before.

Stephen

D

discotec

I have fixed the coolent leak on the intake.

I tried the interia switch.

P

parthog

The flasher thing is an inertia switch, self-resetting after either 30 or 60seconds (don't remember, it's in the manual though).
If the truck thinks you've been in an accident, it will unlock the doors and turn on the 4-way flashers. It will self reset, or shut off and restart.

The marker lights are either dirty sockets shaken a bit, or a fuse.

- Jeff

I

iggywanna

I had the same problem it did shut off on me kinda funny

D

discotec

still no luck with the lights all driver side parking lights are out and the lights on the driver side of the shifter. The brake lights still work.
o and a few days ago my clock light started working again
go figure????
I think its factory service tec time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM