Coolant Crossover Pipe Repair 5.0 V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
That little plastic piece is available in 2 ways that I know of.
1. In plastic from Rover, but you need to purchase that entire assembly, you cannot just purchase the plastic bit
2. In brass, there is another string on this website discussing. Not sure where to actually get one.

RoverTide

Reaction score
So here is a link to the metal version. Just bought 2 of them, just in case. The description says does not fit naturally aspirated 5.0... but I called the company (Euro AMP), and he said that it would fit. If you buy the elbow with the thermostat tube, then you will need to specify NA vs S/C 5.0.

RoverTide

Reaction score
In the spirit of closure, I just wanted to wrap up this thread with the last repair that was made to stop the various coolant leaks (knock on wood). This weekend I replaced the small plastic elbow that attaches to the front of the water pump with the metal version. No more leaks. I am attaching a picture of the plastic one and the metal one (with the other pieces that came with it that I did not use) so you can see how they compare, and how I damaged the plastic one when trying to remove it from the water pump I just replaced. I should not have tried to re-use it in the new water pump, so I would highly recommend buying the metal version if you decide to replace your water pump (link in previous post). There is a good chance you will break it or damage it, like i did, when you try to remove it. You would be surprised how much coolant will leak from that fitting. Thanks to all of you for the advice and "shoulder to cry on". This issue almost broke me... not so much financially, but mentally.
Water Pump Coolant elbow.jpg

dlimanov

Reaction score
@RoverTide their website says that the elbow doesn’t fit NA 5.0L motor and fits only the supercharged variants. it worked fine on yours without further modifications?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RoverTide their website says that the elbow doesn’t fit NA 5.0L motor and fits only the supercharged variants. it worked fine on yours without further modifications?
Coolant pumps are the same.
Not sure why they would say they are different.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tackling the front cross-over pipe today. Just waiting for the engine to cool off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72