Cooper SST/MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a set of Cooper SST which I believe are the Mud Terrain for my 2005 LR3 does anyone have any personal experience, feed back, and pix to help me make an informed decision. I currently run Cooper Zeons now and they are super comfortable and quiet too but treads clog/hold mud and just dont release as well as I had hoped but otherwise function great in most other sticky situations. I do realize they are a bit tall and may require some kind of lift. Help me out :hmpf:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a set of Cooper SST which I believe are the Mud Terrain for my 2005 LR3 does anyone have any personal experience, feed back, and pix to help me make an informed decision. I currently run Cooper Zeons now and they are super comfortable and quiet too but treads clog/hold mud and just dont release as well as I had hoped but otherwise function great in most other sticky situations. I do realize they are a bit tall and may require some kind of lift. Help me out

I run them every once and while when i go wheeling or just feel like my LR3 needs a testosterone boost. They are loud in comparison to street treads, i love them for the mud(haven't been stuck yet *knock on wood*)... and I run the Rod mod and i get minimal rubbing in the rear under compression and some in the front when doing full lock turns in reverse.

Here's some pics:

Pullingaway.jpg

3wheels4.jpg

Littlepuddle.jpg

Accent1.jpg

*Also for shopping/searching purposes, its STT, not SST

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding, no chunking even on sharp rocks. Very happy with them so far.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No deep stuff....yet. Most trails in So Cal are dry/rocky.

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Zeons now which are great. Most of the trails in CA, AZ, UT, CO are all pretty dry. Even the wet sections aren't sticky mud usually. But I love the SST's. If I was more into the mud I would definitely get them, but would make sure I kept the rod mod on all the time. Right now I just keep it at factory height which is fine with the Zeons, and only use the rod mod when I'm on an extended off road trip or something. But with the larger knobbier SST's, I would want the mod on all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112