Cooper Zeon LTZ on LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm,

Mine just barely touches with my 285's at full lock in normal height, so if you are running a narrower size (or running the rod mod full time) I would imagine that it's probably just not touching the wires.

-Paul

srownin

Reaction score
jacking the thread back...

with good news. The tires fit (as most of you already know). The guy at the install shop was definitely embarrased about this one. Would say he had egg on his face, but mud is more appropriate.

I have to offer my thanks to all on this board/thread (along with a few other boards). I really appreciate all of the feedback and ideas. Definitely helped me to persist and subsequently convince the guy at the shop to try again after the alignment.

Anyone who is up for some fun in the mud in CT is entitled to a round on me.

Going to post some pictures once I get home.

SR

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It varies, almost as much as the sub-frame wings do!

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warning...thread jack :hello:

First, let me say that I'm running a different tire (Nittos) in the same size, with about the same issues as everyone already listed (so nothing major).

Now for my thread-jack...where is everyone relocating that wiring harness in the driver's front wheel well to? I have tried tying it back, which just comes loose and ends up doing nothing, but there doesn't seem to be much slack in those wires to relocate them. Are you guys cutting them and adding length in order to relocate? Thanks in advance.

/thread-jack

-Paul
Here's a photo of where i put mine. You can also see where they were rubbing. Actually cut a few of the wires causing Check Engine light. I repaired the wires and the light went out.

ChuckD

Attachments

• ScreenTire Rub.jpg
    ScreenTire Rub.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 142

cleppard

Reaction score
What tire pressures are people running front and rear for road use in their Zeon's?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Thread Hijack*

I've always heard that you want to run you tires at a higher PSI in the snow, not lower. :confused:

How many words for snow do the Eskimo's have? Clearly, there is no one solution for all conditions. I grew up in Michigan, mostly icy snow. I have visited Utah in ski season, completely different. Do what the locals do.

Skid

Reaction score
Great news about the Coopers, looking at those for my rig as well. Anyone have experience with Finish Line Wheels as a source for OE wheels? On there web site they offer several 18" options http://www.finishlinewheels.com/LAND+ROVER/LR3/2006/ $225.00 ea for 10 spoke 18's is nice. I was thinking after market wheels but the offsets are mostly P40 or so and that may cause rubbing issues.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 32" GY MR/R with kevlar 275-65-R18 and have no rubbing. I did tie up the wires with a zip tie as they rubbed prior to the lift with my old tires. The 285-60 will rub off road with no mod.

LR3liftkit.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635