Couple quick nav system questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewman75

Reaction score
Hi All,
So I searched the forum and I guess I couldn't find the right keyword combo to get some result hits. So here goes.

1. This is probably an easy one, I am going to have a duh moment. Ha! So I want to check the version/year of my nav DVD. I raise the drivers side seat and the DVD is blocked by that black guard thing. So, my question is, how do I remove that to get at the DVD. Intuition tells me it probably pulls off? But I would hate to just start tugging at it and break it off, only to later find there was a different way to get at the drive. Anyone want to humor me and tell me how to remove it. :biggrin:

2. I have read about the oddball and off the wall directions this Navteq system provides, and I have those issues as well. But I was wondering if others have issue with doing general searches on like categories. According to the manual, you should be able to select like restaurants or gas stations and the 'List' button should come active and list the closest ones. No matter what I do, the list option never goes active. I literally have to almost spell out a specific place to get the list active and results. Which obviously defeats the purpose if I am on the road and looking for say food options. Anyone else have this issue or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks.

uspurs

Reaction score
For the first question, I've removed and replaced the disk in our '08 a couple of times in the past few weeks and it is a bit of a nuisance.
Aside from raising the seat to the max, you also need to slide it right forward - that makes it even more of a pain to get to, of course!
As I recall there's a locking 'slide' type switch on the right (looking from the front of the unit) and the eject button is on the left. With my memory, it may be the other way around.

There is a good description in one of the manuals that we have.

Re the second question - not a function we use, but I'll surely be curious to check, now that you've mentioned the issue!

Regards, John

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my RRS I find it easier to eject and insert the disc from behind the seat, moving it all the way up and forward first. Then you can just go by "feel" to find the lock/unlock switch on one side and the eject button on the other. Not sure if clearances are the same under the LR3 seat, but if they are it's definitely an easier way to get to that disc. That plastic shield will come off if you pull hard enough, but it is held in place by very sturdy and grabby metal clips, I get the feeling the plastic may eventually crack if you pull too hard.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the POI question (#2) I'll accomplish that by setting POI as my destination. Then, you can choose either a type of restaurant, or all restaurants, or rest areas...or whatever you like. If you enter the town you'll get a list of the ones in that area.

I believe I have somehow also just gotten a list of particular POIs that are nearby my currently location, but not sitting in the vehicle I don't recall how I did that. For me, I think the key was to enter a new destination and maybe choose 5 nearest cities or something like that. Good luck.

I like the NAV but these days it is slow compared to what we're used to on iPhones and other applications. The delay between touch screen button presses makes it really annoying for me to find things in a timely fashion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak