Cracked windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8valver

Hello everyone, I have a 2001 disco and my windshield recently cracked. It starts right in the upper middle of the windshield (in the molding) and hangs a left just a little bit past where the rearview mirror is located. The crack looks to be internal. I cant feel it from the interior or exterior when I run my finger around it. Its not chipped at all, and since it starts at the edge im thinking it might be some kind of defect. Think there's any chance of me getting this fixed under warranty? Does anyone have a estimate on how much it might cost to replace the windshield? Thank you

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be (must be) covered in your insurance actually.. And yes - you may be can get them to do warranty work on it, if you can find nice manager. "internal stress related crack in windshield, resulting from .." blah blah :) Andy or Melissa may help you out with proper wording of claim :)

D

discomike

A dealer can only warranty a windshield if it is a pressure crack due to a bad installation and that is usually only in the first 6 months.
Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72