Wood panel door inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this is where it's gotten to.

I noticed that the wood door panel inserts on my LR4 have hairline cracks in the clear plastic cover over the faux wood grain on the driver's side front and passenger doors. It really doesn't bother me and it's barely noticeable, but it is clearly damaged. Does anyone have experience with sourcing and replacing these panel inserts? Is it even worth bothering with?

I've got a couple of door dings that I feel the same way about. You can't see them unless you know where they are and look right at them. I called a guy about paint-less dent repair and he could come out to my place and work them out. Comes highly recommended, but I just can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on the door dents.

There are also the windshield wiper arms that have tiny splotches of superficial rust here and there. I could replace them or paint them with black Rust-Oleum or just ignore them all together as, once again, unless you are looking at them directly and with an eye towards finding fault, the rust spots are imperceptible to the casual observer.

I think the real problem is I'm basically done and looking for more things to do.

Last edited:

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the "wooden" panels, I figured if I wait long enough I'll stop seeing the issue!... I have removed the door card to fix a locking issue and observed how to remove this wooden trim but decided that was a project for another day, it looked easy enough though!

I'm in the UK at the moment; we're all blown away at how many LR3 and LR4's we keep seeing, obviously with Discovery livery! It's simply nuts how many there are (and fun also for the kids!)...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72