Cross Bars for LR3 Roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJRover

Reaction score
Interested in cost effective cross bars for '08 LR3 roof. I have the channels that run parallel to the car. Recommendations? The Yakima ones look solid. $300 or so. Mainly to carry long stuff home from the hardware store etc. Would prefer to spend <$250. I like the factory ones, but they seem hard to find for a reasonable price.

Thanks.

s3hooligan

Reaction score
I have a set of OEM factory take offs from our previous LR3. Our replacement LR3 already had them so now I have an extra set gathering dust in the garage. Shoot me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gael

Reaction score
Hi have the Yakima ones, pretty solid. I recommend it. It is easier to fit some accessories compared to factory ones that are very wide.

s3hooligan

Reaction score
Hi have the Yakima ones, pretty solid. I recommend it. It is easier to fit some accessories compared to factory ones that are very wide.

The OEMs are adjustable on the rail. Not sure what you mean by "very wide".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bars themselves are wider. Although I don't understand the comment because factory accessories would be made for the wide factory bar and yakima accessories would be made for the yakima bar.

Gael

Reaction score
The bars themselves are wider. Although I don't understand the comment because factory accessories would be made for the wide factory bar and yakima accessories would be made for the yakima bar.

I meant, that some very specific accessories likes a yakima kayak rack for example might not accept the wider LR cross bars.

Using Yakima (or Thule) gives you the possibility to mount many different racks for kayak, snowboards, bikes, ... They may not mount well on the LR3 factory cross bars.

mass

Reaction score
I am putting on a Frontrunner rack and have the entire factory setup, crossbars, sliding rails (that mount to roof), and all complimentary hardware.

PM me if you are interested.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM