Cruise vacuum layout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Replace the lines they are probably bad.

Cruise Control Actuator = Rubber thing

hi_arshard

Reaction score
Lucas ANR 2416???

Hi,

I removed the actuator & found crack that should be fine.

i think while removing the actuator i broked a vacuum hose which was connected to the break system i don’t know how to describe this but this hose connects to s cylinder sort of thing the break oil unit is fixed in to this its written LUCAS ANR 2416 & there is a another long number as well.

the hose is broken by its connector it self so there is no way fixing it back. Now the breaks are not working i don’t have away to take the car to a mechanic also.

is there any way to remove this connector as it is not 100% fixed into this cylinder coz i can turn / rotate it, when i try to pull it out it try to come out but stops half the way its like a spring presser from inside.

hope u understand what i'm talking about. please give me a solution I’m stacked b'coz of this rubber thing = actuator. Expecting a reply ASAP thank you..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the brake servo.... give Nathan a call in my signature I am sure he has one or can get you one.

hi_arshard

Reaction score
i dont think Nathan can help me coz i live far away. i already called a recovery.

thank you for you great support.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
He could get you the part in a day or so, but if it is you only mode of transportation, then no he can't help you.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cruise hose

So does anyone know where the vacuum line in the picture goes?
Thanks in advance

hi_arshard

Reaction score
My cruise started working, its great while crusing, thank u for Joey,

The issue was the actuator =The Rubber thing. super glue did the job.

The Vacume line comes from the CC vacume pump to the T joint > one goe's to the break switch & other goe's to the actuator.

Note: the break switch is very sensitive. I even had a problem with a break swith as well it was a easy fix.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Brownie92, I will find out tomorrow if I have a moment to swing by Nathan's, I will pop the hood on a D2 and check... sorry this is taken so long... I have been stupid busy the last couple weeks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I haven't made it by yet sadly.... may not make it today due to work...

Spoke to my Favorite Land Rover Mechanic and he informed me there is not vacuum diagram in existence. it is just open hood and trace out the existing lines.... if they are missing open another hood... Like I said I will do my best to get by and either get pics or try to create a diagram for you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the all CAPS, I am copied and pasted my LR mechanics email to me.

Basically one ****** is a suck ****** and the other is a blow:

"NO" ONE SIDE IS THE MOUTH FOR SUCKING IN AIR AND THE OTHER IS THE "****" FOR LETTING AIR OUT. HA HA. BUT YOU CAN'T FIND OUT UNLESS THE VEHICLE IS RUNNING OVER 30MPH AND ALL DOORS CLOSED. IF YOU RAISE THE VEHICLE UP AND GET ALL THE WHEELS OFF THE GROUND, THEN GO 30 + MPH YOU CAN ACTIVATE IT AND FIND WHICH SIDE SUCKS.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635