D Pillar Speaker wiring - '06 SE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has pulled their D pillar trim on a non HSE model? A quick search didn't turn up anything helpful (disco.co.uk shows the question, but no answers). I'd like to retrofit some HSE style speakers back there if the effort isn't too great. From other threads I've ascertained that the front doors contain the markings for placement of the mid-range speakers, so I'm hoping something similar could be found on the D-Pillar.

If the wiring and cut-outs are available, it should just be a case of shopping for components to fill everything in. For anyone else in the same boat (or that want to fit better speakers), there are a couple of sellers on eBay that make 6.5" mounting brackets for behind your doors so that you don't have to mess with fabricating them yourself (no affiliation to me - I like re-wiring, I just hate fabricating).

gtc

jond604

Reaction score
Keep us filled in.

I have a non-HSE 05, and the sound from the Stereo is total Crap. I have to have the Treble all the way up and it still sounds like it has way to much base. I bought it used and the dealer told me that the stereo in the non HSE is not very good thats why lots of people upgrade. Almost any other stock car I've ever heard sounds more balanced than mine. I think they don't want to deal with it, and as the sound is subjective... well...

Keep me updated on how you make out. Pictures would be great, as I'm going to have to do something.

Cheers!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my d-piller a few years ago. It just pulls apart. The entire interior essentially just pulls apart!

txAlfa

Reaction score
I pulled mine last year and, as nwoods said, everything just pulls apart. Use an upholstery tool if you can. I found that a flat head screw driver is too thin (surface wise) and tends to bite into the plastic as it lifts it. Also, watch the inside of the panels as some of the edges are sharp. If it is like mine, some of the plastic tabs that attach the panel will stay in the frame side and some in the pillar (some may be indecisive and fall into the deep recesses of the interior to be found only by a contortionist).

Have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo