D2 AC fan not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrolfedrev

Reaction score
My 2000 D2 was not blowing cold air but when I drive in the freeway w/ AC on I can feel the cold air. Could it be the condenser fan? Is it easy for a DIY?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be low on R134a... easy test and fix for around $20.. just go to walmart or you favorite auto parts store and by an R134a refill kit... check the level, and if it is low fill it up.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Easy test for the condenser fan... in your driveway, start the vehicle with the hood open, turn on the A/C and look to see if the small fans are running... if not then it is the condenser fans. If not you may have other issues...

Xaider950

Reaction score
D2 2001 AC fan

I know this an old thread but I find myself in the same debacle..Recently had my 2001 D2 in the shop to have head gasket replaced for coolant leak..first 2 days were cool no reason for AC ..Third day put AC on got no airflow.. nada, zilch...had no issues with AC before repair shop visit...Called repair shop and inquire "***?...They want me to bring it in for AC repair $$$..the money well is all dried up guys any ideas?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So check it yourself, turn on the a/c, is your compressor coming on, if it is does then electric cooling fan come on after about 10 minutes of running?

Xaider950

Reaction score
Compressor runs, AC plumming immediately frosts up no airflow from vents, suspect blower..how difficult to access or to replace...or access circuit to chk for volage..also could recent water leak behind glove compartment have cause electrical short..will be looking into water leak this weekend would love to solve AC puzzle at the same time..
only leaks when it rains..

russburcham

Reaction score
Compressor runs, AC plumming immediately frosts up no airflow from vents, suspect blower..how difficult to access or to replace...or access circuit to chk for volage..also could recent water leak behind glove compartment have cause electrical short..will be looking into water leak this weekend would love to solve AC puzzle at the same time..
only leaks when it rains..

same thing happened to me- I had cold air trickling through the vents at hwy speed. went onto ebay found a used bench tested blower and swapped it out (under the glove box) works great now!
- pretty simple to do- only 3 screws- hardest part is having to be a contortionist to get to the blower motor's screws- good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112