dakar 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I though I will post this video,it brings back good memories and hope that they might actually finish this brutal race.Sadly their engine failed on one of the African long desert stretches .Now, that a DAKAR rally is hold in Argentina and CHILE ,they face bigger challenges than ever with high terrain elevations and many more.I have heard that
Polish team started with Discovery3 again,but I can't find more info at this moment.I love the double coils over struts suspension though.

YouTube- Dakar 2008 - trening przed rajdem w Tunezji

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool video.

Is anything on that truck stock?

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very few parts.There are 3 parts ,10 min.each in youtube,what they do to the car,but I doubt anyone would be interested in watching it ,since is in polish,although it is OK to see them all with or without audio on.if anyone wants me to post these links i could do it and even translate briefly what they have done .In the shop they basically striped disco3 ***** and got rid if most of body parts and under carriage.Just the seats ,carpet and front ,rear and back doors are over 1500 pounds.they retrofitted body panels from composites,de-installed unimportant ECUs ,completely remapped 2.7 diesel engine ,so it could ride like a race car,suspension was experimental produced specifically for lr3 by Swedish company named OHLINS ,that designs shocks for the extreme.i just find out that these double shocks are oil and air combo over coil with spacers.I remember a discussion about a similar design on lrrforums and there it is,best of both worlds achieved.Wheelbase widen about 4 inches for better stability,new manually controlled differentials and many,many more features that transformed a stock disco into a ultimate off road speed machine.Still a lot to learn from more reputable teams such Volkswagen or BMW ,but they promised to master this car in the few upcoming years.again , this is an independent group of friends that wants to achieve the impossible,meaning ,being able to compete with the biggest factory teams in the auto rally industry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM