Dash turn signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried looking for it on the forum but failed. My dash left turn indicator is clicking double speed...yet my right indicator is at normal speed. Despite the possessed clicking of the left indicator, the exterior flashers are blinking at normal pace. Also, when I turn on the hazards, the both dash indicators are clicking normal.

Any thoughts? Experience?

Last edited:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Philsessions: I was going to reply saying that was the first thing that I checked and all the lights worked thus my question on the forum, but before I hit "submit reply" I realized that I may have not checked the left front flashers so I went out to check. Yup. You're right. Don't know how I missed that but I did. So thanks for the suggestion.

sdigangi

Reaction score
Front Blinker

I have a front blinker out on my '05 LR3. Does anyone know specifically how to get access to that bulb?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove whole headlight assembly.

The method to change any of the bulbs on the front requires the removal of the appropriate head light assembly. This is easier than it sounds.

To remove either or both the head light assemblies, you have to remove the front grill. See the bulb replacement section of your owners handbook, Section 09 Roadside Emergency, (page 297 on mine), and a few pages further in, you will find instructions and pictures showing how to remove the grill and then the head light assemblies and finally the appropriate bulb.

As this sounds like your first time, I suggest you purchase genuine Land Rover EU manufactured bulbs rather than those of far east manufacturer. The Land Rover bulbs cost within pennies, (sometimes cheaper), of the far east stuff and are less prone to creating false error codes.

The handbook also shows how to remove and replace the bulbs in the rear tail light assemblies as well as license plate and everywhere else.

Note that side marker bulbs, front and rear, are W3W, not the similar looking hotter brighter W5W bulbs. The W5W will melt the side marker bulb holder - guess how I know?

The front blinker bulbs, LR part number XZQ500050 wedge base P21W bulbs are a different base from the rear signal light bulbs, bayonet base P21, LR part number 264591. Now that I think about my first time trying to figure all this out, it is not so simple or easy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635