De saying HI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d3sons

Reaction score
Well I have had my 2000 RR 4.0 SE for about a year. Love it..like it..love it..like it.. I think you get the picture. Kids are all grown and I enjoy the ride until yetserday GEARBOX FAULT which I have to admit scared the heck out of me..but I am researching before I bring her in ..got a son just ready to deploy for 2nd time this time to Afganistan so I will have a lot of nervous energy devoted to the RR quirk cause.:):)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..

Gearbox fault could be the battery starting to die.

d3sons

Reaction score
gearbox fault

Thanks Joey, other posts I have read mentioned that a few times, so I am going to replace battey first, even though I read other scary things about replacing a battery and then all kinds of "quirks" can come out of that , ie radio code, possible alarm security issues, etc....so I may need more of the "experts" (thats you guys ) advice. Thanks again. PS Son deploys at 9:00am today..ughhhhhh

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope all goes well for you son... I was over there during Desert Shield/Storm.... But of course I was on an Aircraft Carrier so it was a little different for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99