Defender 110 Rear door adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

defnz

Hi all I have a 2003 110 td5. The rear door rattles over corrugations on the dirt track to my home here in NZ. Anyone any Idea how to adjust?

R

rookshark

Find someone

Greetings,

I had the same problem, the door would not shut properly, and when I did slam it hard enough to shut "tight" it would vibrate, etc. Sometimes when driving I could look back (if not shut just right) and see daylight from around the door as it jostled.

My local mechanic said reinforcing the door (as it carries the spare tire) was required after checking some tech bulletins (which I have not been able to find) and trying to adjust the striker and where it connected with the door with no positive result. I just stopped in to check on the truck today (also changing the exhaust to 3") and the door was done.

Result? The door thuds now like the other four doors...huge change. What exactly was done to the door to reinforce it however, I do not know.

SteveB

Reaction score
Fitting a Mantec wheel carrier has stopped my rear door rattling on uneven surfaces and makes the door slightly easier to open.

Cheers,

Steve

speedmancool

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 2002 Defender 90, and as simple as it sounds, the door hinges just needed to be lubricated. I put some WD40 oil and the problem was solved. I hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM