DI stuck in park, ABS, cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deezgunz

Reaction score
Hello. any replies to this post is greatly appreciated.

Disco 1 1997 180k auto trans

1. the truck will not shift out of park. no traumatic trans clunking...running tops and will not shift after i parked it. prior to this problem i went though a creek about 2 ft deep without any problems and then parked it. about 10 hours later it shifted fine until the following morning. trans ECU do ya think? shift adjustment?

2. cruise control will not work. i replaced the hoses and it got some suction then quit all together. cruise ecu? cruise vaccum?

3. replaced the wheel bearings and the abs light remains on...brakes are ok

of course priority goes to the shifting issue.

thanks!!!!! Don 804-739-5008

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not shifting will normally be a bad brake switch.

Cruise control can be several things, from hoses to the "T" in the line near the firewall to the Vacuum control at the throttle (mine was cracked and leaking there) to a blown fuse to the ECU.

ABS lights could be an ABS sensor that is dirty.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check fuse #1? (15)amp under dash driver's side.

If you've been having problems w/driver's side stoplight it'll blow the fuse & disable gear selector solenoid.

I just fixed mine today.

luck,greg

deezgunz

Reaction score
replies

thx to all for the replies! i replaced the brake light switch for 29.99 from napa which was half the price from other online rover specific sources. it ended up being a blown fuse (#1 fuse in the interior panel) so i have an extra switch for the kit.

i haven't tackled the abs/cruise issue but i have been given some excellent starting points.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635