DII Fuel Door Latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rarochford

Reaction score
It appears that the pin that holds the fuel door latch closed is broken. I'm not sure what the pin looks like, but it appears that part of it is missing and the door won't close. I replaced the door latch (URO Parts BPX700010 Fuel Door Latch) and that didn't work. That's when I noticed that part of the pin might be missing. Any thoughts?

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
I've just run across the same problem. The pin that is supposed to engage the plastic latch on the inside of the fuel door only extends out about a quarter inch, which is short of the latch. I can press the pin in and it snaps back out freely, but only a quarter inch. So my question would be, is there something that is supposed to be on the end of the pin (which I cannot find in any documentation), is it possible for part of the pin to snap off (unlikely because it seems to be a 'finished' end) or are these actuators known for sticking?

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly the actuators are known for breaking due to abuse mostly. The plastic part on the door can also break.

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
Thanks for that. As a point of clarification, when you say "break" does that mean they fail to extend all the way? Which is what I believe I'm experiencing.

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
Nevermind. I found the problem. The metal bracket that holds the plastic clip was bent, probably when my son put gas in it. Bent it back, and it works find. Thanks for your assistance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful the bending will cause things to break... and correct by break they do not extend all the way

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9