Disabling 2014 ECO Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacktie

Reaction score
Excellent info! I’ll talk to my mechanic. Thank you for sharing.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there goes that idea. What about a pass-thru setup? If you connected the positive and negative cables, after removing the small battery, maybe it would not throw a light, but the start stop would also would not function because it lacks the proper voltage?

I've removed each one of the those individually and it threw an amber light or rendered the truck inoperable.

KAVE

Reaction score
My 2015 Lux ‘fixed’ the start/stop system by itself by not working any longer. It’s been great for the last 6 months with it deactivated but now the ECO light is on full time. Checked the aux battery and it won’t take a charge via a smart charger. I have searched far and wide but can’t find a compatible battery with the right connection posts except from the dealer for $300+. Don’t really want to fix the start/stop but also don’t want the light on. Any ideas?

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Lux ‘fixed’ the start/stop system by itself by not working any longer. It’s been great for the last 6 months with it deactivated but now the ECO light is on full time. Checked the aux battery and it won’t take a charge via a smart charger. I have searched far and wide but can’t find a compatible battery with the right connection posts except from the dealer for $300+. Don’t really want to fix the start/stop but also don’t want the light on. Any ideas?

LOL> We've had the light on for 4 years. Dealer doesn't even ask us anymore if we want it looked at. We'll fix it when we sell it. But the light is the same as if you hit the button I think, so maybe disconnnect the light? In may experience, if your vehicle is like mine (also a 2015 lux) a new battery will only fix it for a day or two.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
2016 LR4.

Lots of conflicting information about exactly what functions (if any) might be running through the ECO battery in addition to the ECO function itself.
Because this is my daughters vehicle and will be across country I opted to just replace the ECO battery and be done with it.
Plus it makes that idiot light turn off...
She can just push the "stupid button" as we call it and turn it off.

The ECO battery is an Exide EK151- correct terminal configuration - easy and quick plug and play.

I purchased at Groves Batteries Ltd, Cheltenham, UK
The battery itself cost UK 56 Pounds, so about $70US
The shipping to Houston, TX was about $100 - ouch - I hate it when shipping is more than the product!
So the total cost was about $171, but that's still alot less than paying a Rover dealership $271 (lowest price I could find).
Groves was super easy to work with and delivery was just a few days.

I have purchased an IID Tool for another project.

Anyone know if the IID Tool can turn off the ECO function?
I haven't played with it yet...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72