Disbelief that Xenon/LED’s are only available on a $9,565 package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammin

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing that LR would only include Xenon/LED’s as part of their $9,565 LUX Package, and not make them available as a stand alone option. :stupid:

Based on past experience with model year changes...do you think there is a chance of this being made available as a stand alone option on the 2011's? (US spec)

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then my $59K HSE Lux Plus isn't special any more is it?

It's so that people who likes to buy fully loaded models feel special and exclusive. Many car manufactors do that. They tie up certain options in a package and make some options only available on top of the line model.

When it comes to buying cars, there are two type of buyers. 1. who buys car with options they only need. 2. Who buys top of the line with every option whether needed or not. I am the latter type. :proud:

When I considered LR4, it has to be HSE lux plus with all the bells and whistles like folding mirrors, tow assist and surround camera. If the car had optional $2500 rear entertainment system and $2500 20" wheels, I would have gotten them too.
And it makes me feel good that mine is different then average LR4s out there :biggrin:

But seriously, I consider any car over $20K a luxury and waste not a neccessity. If you are buying a $50K car/truck, why not go all the way and get a loaded one for $60K. Few bucks more per month.

Last edited:

DennisL

Reaction score
I don't think the LEDs were a must have to my wife. The Xenons were! I believe when car shopping, price all vehicles to your requirements. Then just go from there. Our initial surprise was how the LR4's were a "good deal" when comparing. Are we now glad we bought the LR4 over a GX460!!!!!!!!

Dennis

NaraBronzeLR4

Reaction score
Option for option, horsepower for horsepower, the LR4 is the best value out there, period. Even loaded to the hilt, it's still thousands cheaper than any other offering with the same off-road potential, IMO.

sammin

Reaction score
Thanks guys for talking some sense into me....I guess I was trying to get by on the cheap....but you're correct..feature for feature compared to lots of other lux brands, LR4 is on top in terms of price, function and style.

DennisL

Reaction score
Please don't forget the safety aspect of the Land Rover family! Even the older Rovers displayed outstanding crash durability.

What price does anyone of us want to put on our family & friends?

Dennis

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't forget the safety aspect of the Land Rover family! Even the older Rovers displayed outstanding crash durability.

What price does anyone of us want to put on our family & friends?

Dennis

The Disco I has one of the very worst offset frontal ratings I've seen. Roll overs are also fairly devastating in the the older ones.

DennisL

Reaction score
The Disco I has one of the very worst offset frontal ratings I've seen. Roll overs are also fairly devastating in the the older ones.

Thanks for the correction. I never want to mislead anyone. I apologize to all. When I buy new vehicles, I've tried to research any glaring problems in any aspect of a vehicle. Guess I missed these when buying the new Disco I & Disco II back in time.

Please tell me & all on this board where you find your valuable source of information; so that we might benefit from it.

Thanks again,

Dennis

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the crash test info is available if you look for it. compared to other lesser made cars, which there are many, 'm sure it did better in roll overs but i have seem some roll over photos from a former owner that showed it simply collapse in the front section where driver and passenger sit.

DennisL

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM