Disco 2000 preap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antipf_bfs

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am new here and I am Russian so I will butcher speling a bit ;-). I am moving to Montana in a few weeks and I want to prepair my car for the cross country.
I did find most of the answers on my questions by reading bord but still have few more.

I have Dosco 2000 || with 100K

1) Secondary Air Injection. This air compressor that sit at the left top corner of engien compartment is always working. 100% of the time I am driving it is on, it is like having your own small F16 on afterburner. So I disconected it a month ago and 1 month befor I get yellow engein service light. Code reader said that it was some Air valve problem. I didnt notice any problems with driving it like that but they may be some, I dont know. So this Secondary Air Injection system affect MPG or power output in some way?

2) Cooling system.
Were is show #3 there is 2 hoses atat attached to a T conector. My right one blow up this winter (engien clean from coolant) left one bolow up 3 weeks ago. Intresting thing is that one was at low outside temp. and second with hight. I always keep aye on the coolant lvl and it is always at the max or in the middle. What can be wrong with this system? #14 cap or #12 termostat? I don't wont to have same thing on the way.

3) New tires. I am always geting out 2-3 times a month to a camping or off road drive. Winter or summer dosnt mater. I am thinking about 245/75/16. But dont know what brand and type of tires.
I am thinking I will be 30% off and 70 on road. it just on road tires looks bad on Off road car.

y for help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635