Disco II headlight covnersion success! (pix)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

will

CIMG3421.JPG

CIMG3420.JPG

CIMG3418.JPG

CIMG3419.JPG

the install was easy. bought the parts from Rovers North..great service, and shipping was free as well. the HID install was simple plug and play. Next modification will be wheels. I'd like to upgrade to OEM 18" wheels, but i'll have to find a cheap set some where

D

discomike

Why do you want 18" wheels, most people want to get rid of them for the more popular 16" so they have have a better selection of tires?
If you do want the 18's you should be able to do a staright trade for them since clean 16"ers are in such demand.
By the way, the lights look great.
Mike J.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great, what color grey is that? Mine looks very similar. (Niagara)

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may be missing something but how did you install hid into the stock housings, there arent any projectors, did you install ballasts and everything, if so that is amazing but I didnt think it was possible...that is a D2 right?

W

will

this is a disco I with disco II headlamps. the stock bulb is an H4, and I replaced it with an H4 8000K HID system, ballasts and everything. there is a lot of space behind the headlamp for the ballast. the H4 hid bulb fits in the housing, and i use the power from the stock H4 harness. very easy install. not projectors, so the ligh comes in a big blob of light, so to speak, but much better than stock halogen bulb and the aftermarket blue bulbs.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow didnt think that was even possible. I may look into it for my D2, I have been toying with my lighting options and this might be my best bet for what i want. What did it cost you if you dont mind?

thanks

M

MightyMax

The lights look great Will. I have a 97 Disco aswell and would love to make the the same mod. Where did you order the parts from, how much were the parts and how long did it take you to install them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90