Discovery 1 Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Maxx

I used to have a '95 disco before some drunk idiot totaled it!! Now I just bought a '96. Both had custom stereo's but the latest one things were a little different.. when I had the stereo installed they did what they called an "amp bypass". They said it was necessary because both my stereo and car had an amp and we needed to eliminate one. Sooo my questions is, does that mean my back bass speaker was disabled? Are basses and amps considered the same thing? Thanks for any responses.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a high probability that it was. you would likely have to run a new amp and new wires to your sub(S)

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no amps provide power to run a bass speaker....in order to provide the deep tones more power is necessary to power them, so an amplifier (amp) is installed between your stereo main unit and you subwoofer (bass speaker)

M

Maxx

Thanks guys. I forced myself to go to the audio store and made the guy explain to me exactly what I needed and both of you are correct.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635