Discovery II lift and tyre questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NXC1978

Reaction score
Hi, I am new... I have a 2000 Discovery. It has air the suspension in the rear, but not ACE. I want to lift it 2". I want to keep the rear air. Is this possible? Also, what should I buy to lift the truck? OME springs in front and spacers in the rear I assume? Is there anything else I need? Will I need additional parts or service like shocks or an alignment?

Tyres... can I use 265/75 R16's with only a 2" lift? I was thinking BFG MT's.

By the way are you guys quoting Monty Python? "Oh, what I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face!" :hahaha:

D

discomike

Nich,
I have a 99 D2 with SLS that I raised 3 "s, 2 "s are easy. Are you going to have an after market front bumper and winch, how hard do you 4wheel??
Yes 265's will fit nicely with a 2" lift.
I used OME hd shocks, 751 front springs and 2" spacers from Rovertym in the rear. Then I adjusted the rear height switch to get the truck leveled out, worked really well.
Mike J.

NXC1978

Reaction score
Yes, evenually I will replace the low clearance front bumper with a winch mount bumper that I will make myself when I get some time. I've got about 300lbs of DOM seemless tubing laying in the floor of my garage, tube bender, and lots of other fun toys to go creating with. :biggrin: I want the Disco to kick some bu-tae when on the trails, but nothing too extreeme since it's my daily driver. I just sold my 1970 Bronco (33's w-3inch lift + a grocery list of extras) so now the Rover's got to pick up the slack for both.

Questions... 751 springs... are these OME springs and where is the best place to aquire a pair? Does Rovertym have a website and if so will you give it to me? Last, how would one adjust the rear height? I have seen the sensor I think... there is a small linkage thing connected to the trailing arm that must be it.

THANKS!

A

ayavner

Yup, quotes from my all-time fav Life Of Brian...

"proper little jailer's pet, aren't you"

D

discomike

Nick,
The 751's are hd OME springs made for a D1 that work really well for a D2, I bought them at, https://www.expeditionexchange.com/ome/
Take a look at the info.
I like your idea of building your own bumper, gives you that one of a kind feeling.
Mike J.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 118

NXC1978

Reaction score
Adam, Life of Brian rocks and is the best of the films including the Holy Grail movie wich comes in close 2nd.

Mike, thanks for all the info I will check out the site and will more than likely go with the springs you suggested. I have been lurking the site for a while and you seem to know your stuff! When I make some progress on the bumper I will post some pics. New girlfriend is taking up all my time :knuddel: , but I did manage to get the old one off yesterday so I am one step closer to getting started.

A

ayavner

Nich.... new girlfriend, and you just got the old one off yesterday?? what a life!!

;)

D

discomike

Nick,
What ever you do with the front bumper don't anchor to the cruch cans, go straight to the frame.
Good luck and let your new girl friend know that there are priorities in life and the Rover comes first.
Mike J.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No props for "The Meaning of Life?" C'Mon, people....

Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72