Discovery II lift and tyre questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NXC1978

Reaction score
Sorry Moose, but yes props to The Life of Brian and since we are on the subject... Mike your Rover looks kick @ss and I am sure it performs as nicely as it presents itself. Also, I won't attach the bumper to the crunch cans because they look like they are made of aluminium and thanks for being on the safe side and mentioning it to me. Last, oh wise one of Land Rovering, I will try to keep my priorities in order, but I've got a weak spot for the latina's and my chica can move like Shakiera and what man could say no? I like my wemon like the mud on my Rover.. dark and w... :ahhhhh: Dear Lord I should just stop. :goodnight

D

discomike

Nick,
This is how we built my bumper so that I could hook it staight to the frame.
Mike

Attachments

• DSCF0052.jpg
    DSCF0052.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 51

NXC1978

Reaction score
Thank you brotha, I just saved it in My Pictures for future refrence. I'll probably hit the drawing board this weekend.

By the way... do you have a good picture of your rear bumper installed? I think I saw one picture that looked like you cut off part of the lower quarter pannel, but I can't remember for sure. After I take care of the front the rear will come next. I don't know from experience, but from the looks of things the rear end of these vechicles seem to be a potentail clearance trouble spot due to the way the rear hangs soo far off the axel.

D

discomike

Nick,
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures.
Mike

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NXC1978 said:
I don't know from experience, but from the looks of things the rear end of these vechicles seem to be a potentail clearance trouble spot due to the way the rear hangs soo far off the axel.
Take a look at my gallery section, and you'll see what happens when you go over a rock ledge with the long ass-end overhang of the D1...now imagine it's 8 inches (???) longer like the D2. It's a problem. To get around the problem until I do the rear bumper, I have chopped my stock rear bumper to the point that everything outside of the inside edge of the bumper lights is gone, and the quarter panel is trimmed. So far no problems (except for questionable legality here in America's Dairyland, but I don't have a legal exhaust at present, or mudflaps, so what's another minor thing? :evil:

Andy

NXC1978

Reaction score
Wow, I couldn't help but cringe at that photo. Moose, here's what I have decided... I like your style... I'm going no mud flaps as of tonight when I get off work. :cool:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy, too. I used a serrated-edge knife, but a cutting wheel or sawzall would work too. The brackets are attached to a somewhat-important-looking piece, so trimming down is probably better than removing, so, FWIW, be cautious...and take the running board brackets off too -- with a cutting wheel or sawzall (knife won't work as well) :biggrin:

There's a lot of crap underneath there that can be removed, cut off, or at least trimmed. You can free up a lot of obstructions up to the bottom of the frame rails this way...

Andy

NXC1978

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips / suggestions guys! Soon my Disco will be Roving the Land quite nicely. :adore:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72