Discovery II seat heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZZROCOOL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so my 03 discovery Driver side seat heater has a new and interesting function it within 60 seconds of being turned on burns your left thigh and cheek! obviously the coil has been damaged, has anybody changed the heating elemement and if so where did you obtain said part

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It does sound like a bad element... not changed one yet, but getting ready too. I have been looking toward aftermarket ones myself... cheaper and 3 heat settings.

ZZROCOOL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rover connection had it for $45.00 (OEM) so i ordered it we'll see how much of a PITA it is to replace!

I need to replace a bulb in the climate control unit how do I remove?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
on a scale of 1 -10 10 being hardest... seat will be a 4 maybe 5, light in climate will be a 9 easy.

ZZROCOOL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question is how do i remove the climate control unit?

I'll post some pics of the seat heater replacement

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not a problem with the climate controll unit. The problem is with the elements in the seat itself. If you fix the seat or pull the plug, you will avoid these problems ..... over on another thread.

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17312

Just fix/replace the heater elements in the seat. That's all it is... or you can beat the problem to death.... looking for the 2 cent fix. - "the electrical guy who doesn't know crap about pistons.... heh "

ZZROCOOL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO
I know its the element, I have already ordered and will replace it

I want to know how to remove the climate control unit for another problem, there are a few bulbs in it that are out.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: after market seat heater

It does sound like a bad element... not changed one yet, but getting ready too. I have been looking toward aftermarket ones myself... cheaper and 3 heat settings.

Hey Joey;

Please keep me up to speed on this one as my driver's-side butt heater has gone kaputsky too and I am looking for a reasonble alternative.

Wolf

jm_prindle

Reaction score
Great Post...Last week I experienced the burning!! Please provide an update for how to replace the seat element.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4