Do we "trust" Texstar brake pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm due a brake and rotor change and saw that Atlantic British is having a sale on their kits featuring Texstar pads...never heard of them.

Anyone else?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really enjoying the reduced dust of my EBC green pads. No other determinable difference in braking performance. WOW the Textar kit is 1/2 the price - its worth a try. If you do jump in, please let us know...

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really enjoying the reduced dust of my EBC green pads.

I second that, I have been running EBC on all my vehicles for quite some time and see no need to change. They are a bit pricey, but I know exactly how they perform without surprises. Low dust, no sqeaks.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Textars look appealing; they actually OEM pads for various different euro manufacturers (and maybe others) including BMW and Mercedes. I may give 'em a try....

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you need rotors, how many miles on the truck, what indications you need the rotors also.
EBC makes a number of models, research that closely or go a step up and do some on-line reasearch for some high end ceramic pads, little or no dust, stop better and last longer.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
brake choice?

I need new brakes and the dealership is willing to do the whole job, for 800$ (pads sensors, rotors, labour) and through in a courtesy car.
I asked them about these 'ceramic brakes' that I saw on the atlantic british however, they said they use the 'semi-metallic' pads that are standard for this vehicle, should I be asking for the caramics? even if I have to pay a premium over the 800$

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought pads for 46.00 plus tx at kragen and my son in law who installs brakes for a living put them in in 45min. life is good

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you need rotors, how many miles on the truck, what indications you need the rotors also.
EBC makes a number of models, research that closely or go a step up and do some on-line reasearch for some high end ceramic pads, little or no dust, stop better and last longer.

Truck has nearly 60k. The fronts have been changed once, this is the firs for the rear. The rotors have a pretty aggressive lip on both the inner and outer portions of the braking surface. I have a buddy who's a LR mechanic and he said that the rotor may be able to be turned, but that LR recommends a rotor change. I've read that these rotors don't turn well. I really have no experience one way or the other. The entire kit from atlantic british is $320, not bad really.

I called NAPA auto parts and they do not have min turn spec for these rotors. Is there one?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the service limit thickness for the front discs is 27mm (they are 30 mm new), and 17mm for the rear discs (20 mm new.)

FWIW, I think Texstar is supplier of OEM brake pads and parts to Land Rover (along with Ferodo and Brembo), perhaps not for the LR3 but definitely for other / older LR models.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo