Do you carry a weapon in your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwpianist

Reaction score
I have many historical rifles/pistols that will get buried before they are taken away...... but in my LR3 I carry a .357, although I would much prefer to have a .44 in bear country.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHECK THIS OUT
Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

•It is registered
•You are fingerprinted
•You supply a current Driver's License
•You supply your Social Security #

•You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

•Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

•There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

Ok, I'll bite, what the hell is the problem with that? I certainly would feel a lot safer knowing that some of the idiots that live near me had some realistic (and let's face it, they're NOT THAT ONEROUS) rules in place. More importantly, and here I agree with the NRA actually, ENFORCE the rules we already have.

Personally, I carry a big torch and shovel in my LR3 - utility items that I figure would be sufficient in case of a road rage incident. I figure that if I run into a situation that needs more than that then I'll use my right foot and 6000lb weapon/evasion/get out-of-dodge device instead.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idiots don't pay attention to the laws anyway. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to shoot someone with some pretty severe penalties for doing so...still happens. One at a time the new regulations can seem rational -- and even obvious. But the bigger picture is a constant and incessant erosion of your freedom. Wouldn't you just love it if big brother had the right to barge into your house at any time?

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...that's pretty much what we have now..they can and they do... and its a shame...
to me the freedom to own and carry fits right there with the freedom to take your truck and see our beautiful country from the off road perspective... both are now in danger..

I live in one of the worst states as far as everything especially the gun rights and opportunities to enjoy our freedoms so rare lately..
There is no concealed carry in Illinois, so if I carry I do make sure it is within the hunting rules and regulations. I always bring weapons when off roading, nothing better than getting in your 4 wheel drive vehicle to the middle of the National Forrest camp and freely shoot your guns...
Any gun is better than no gun, lately when in bear country I carry 10mm auto have EAA Witness and Glock 29 carry the Witness in an open holster during the day as legal hunting pistol (always buy small game hunting permits in the area where I camp) the glock is my tent pillow gun .. sometimes I bring just the glock then I swap the barrel for 41/2 ported so its more than 4 in. (hunting>>>) various rifles.. they are always fun to shut..and I have quite a few ..because I can because this is still America..

aesopian

Reaction score
Holster option

Aside from why people carry a firearm inside of their vehicle, whether they can in their state legally or their choice of tool for protection. I wanted to share how I carry within my vehicle.

Each state's laws are different, in my state all people have the right to carry a loaded pistol in their vehicle and have it accessible. Rifle and shotgun rules are different, no loaded chamber. Some cities have limits on the number of rounds within a magazine. Know the laws and your rights.

Now onto the holster option -

I have invested in two holsters from crossbreed.com for this purpose. The Crossbreed Ohai holster comes in two options, right and left. What you see pictured is the left hand model.

The reason I use the left is so I can have access with my right hand. I have heavy duty velcro in three locations. On the left side of console, under the steering column and inside of the storage console.

Having the holster and pistol on the left of the console is a little cramped at times for my right leg. It is more comfortable with the holster under the steering column. It is off centered to the right so it does not interfere with the key fob area and my right arm is not obstructed by the steering wheel.

I have the velcro in the storage console so I have the option to simply remove the holster and place both the weapon and the holster inside of the console when I can not take my weapon with me (CCW). I use the right hand holster inside of the console to transfer the weapon from the holster under the console without having to remove the left hand holster. This gives me a 3rd option of safely securing my weapon while at the same time having it easily and quickly accessible.

I also use the right hand holster within a 511tactical.com Push Pack. Their handgun pocket, built in velcro works perfect with both of these holsters. The Push Pack brings new meaning to European handbag. :stupid:

The location of the weapon is well hidden in the vehicle, you'll be shocked that no one will see it when they are riding with you. Nor is it easy to see from the outside. Simply placing something over the weapon and holster matching the color of your console conceals the weapon even more (right side of console option).

Always ensure safe handling and be conscious of cross body movement due to the cramped space.

This holster is stiff, well built, excellent trigger guard protection and I think is an excellent option for carrying a firearm safely inside of your vehicle while at the same time having it quickly accessible. If you do live in a state where you can obtain a CCW license and carry concealed I highly recommend Crossbreeds Super Tuck Deluxe. It really is as comfortable as advertised. Another fine company for comfortable carry holsters is highnoonholsters.com.

Happy Roving and shooting - always practice both!

Attachments

• IMG-20101109-00001.jpg
    IMG-20101109-00001.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-20101110-00004.jpg
    IMG-20101110-00004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20101110-00005.jpg
    IMG-20101110-00005.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 137

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. I went with a comp-tac and switched to a glock 10mm the holster is very comfortable and I can wear it while driving.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sig P229 Equinox never strays too far from me. In Pa, if you have a Concealed Permit, you can pretty much do whatever you want and carry in car loaded. Actually in Pa, you can open carry almost any gun short of automatics anywhere you want. I can walk down the street with an assault rifle as long as it slung to my back. So the short of it is I have one of many with me at all times. :biggrin:

Big_Mark

Reaction score
:biggrin:

I've also been considering getting my CCP before Obama makes it even tougher...

-Rich

Obama hasn't done anything to make getting a CWP any harder, in fact he's been a boone to the gun biz due to misinformation like yours. Since he's been in office folks have been buying guns in record numbers (myself included). The Gun industry should thank the man.

:bootyshak

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635