Do you regret keeping it past warranty?

Regret keeping it past warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having owned a slew of audi's and a lincoln or two, am I wrong to think the LR3 is above average on reliability? I'm 800 miles from out of warranty and am feeling pretty confident. I would like to find a good discount supplier on dealer parts parts though. Atlantic is ok but some items are still real close to retail.

I think I would be on the fence if I didn't DIY or have a good indy but from what I have read and experienced in real world failures, I like my odds with the LR3.

mikeasingh

Reaction score
Looks like my question has been answered but let me ask it again w/ some specifics. I need help asap. I have a chance to get into the Nissan Mfg Premium (high-end) extended warranty for my LR3 at $3k (this policy has already been cancelled by Nissan due to its low cost, but a dealer owes it to me on a promise so I still have a chance but only till this Wed). I bought my car at 50, it now has 60k - the car has been flawless. I plan to drive it 3 more years (10k each) - should I buy the warranty or pocket the $3k? Please help asap.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mikeasingh, if you're the type of guy who does your own oil changes and has time on his hands, then I'd skip the warranty. With the wealth of knowledge on this board already, you should be able to diagnose/solve any future problem you might have. If you're like me though, and don't have time/don't want to deal with problems, I'd opt for the warranty. I've had a full coverage easycare warranty since ~30k miles and it has paid for itself twice over. Granted, I was one of the early adopters and there wasn't much info back then on how to fix problems (and mine was an '05, so it had more than most). I can tell you that when your control arm bushings wear out (prob. at ~60-70k miles) and your front or rear diff needs replacement (mine were gone at ~75k), the warranty, loaner, and dealer service you get with the ext. warranty will be worth it. I don't know about the Nissan Mfg Premium warranty, but make sure it covers components for the air suspension and "wearable" items such as bushings if you do decide to go with it.

Last edited:

LR3_fan

Reaction score
Looking at the extended warranty question from a different angle: have you read of anyone that purchased the ESP and thought they did not get their money’s worth in claims

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 05 LR3, bought the extended warranty plan via the dealer for $2800, had it one week, got a system fault, took it in . . . . parts and labor were about $1,000 . . . all covered under the extended policy . . . .

I work on my Jeep constantly but the Rover's electronics intimidated me a bit, so for me, the warranty was/is worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo