Does anyone still sell the swing away tire carrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new full-size spare tire will not allow use of the hitch (big surprise). I'm looking to make or buy a tire carrier, but can't seem to find a dealer. Rasta hasn't returned any of my emails.

Thanks in advance!

Louisiana_Boy

Reaction score
I actually talked to a Rep for Rasta out of Miami a couple of months back, he sounded kinda shady. I don't remember the exact price, but it was super expensive and he told me shipping would be $500 or more. I have decided to make one myself, I was going to find one for a jeep or fullsize truck and modify it to fit the Rover. Probably won't get to it for a couple of months, but when I get it done I'll post it. Good Luck

Louisiana_Boy

Reaction score
I just saw you were in the Air Force.....ever run into John Nolan before? He's in logistics out of Bragg now. He's been stationed in Shaw, Elmendorf, Barksdale and more recently Humble I think it was, its inside another base down in Fort Walton. Anyway, he's my big bro, just thought I'd ask.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, never ran in to anyone by that name. I've been to Pope AFB (Ft. Bragg) more times than I care to remember though...

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually talked to a Rep for Rasta out of Miami a couple of months back, he sounded kinda shady. I don't remember the exact price, but it was super expensive and he told me shipping would be $500 or more. I have decided to make one myself, I was going to find one for a jeep or fullsize truck and modify it to fit the Rover. Probably won't get to it for a couple of months, but when I get it done I'll post it. Good Luck

Yeah, they emailed me back and said it'd be $1290 not including customs and duties...

I like your suggestion. I can't imagine it being too hard to develop a jeep set-up for the LR3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo