Door Handle on Back door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My door handle on the back door will not open from the outside. Opens OK internally. My wife called Wallace(My Landrover) a piece of S#!+. Really hurt. Is there a linkage in there that came undone in the door. Its a 99 disco 2. I seem to remember a post with the same problem, but couldn't find it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It could either be the linkage came loose, or the handle needs lubed real bad... if you don't lube them at least 1 time a year (I do it at least 2 times) then the handle may be stuck and not able to open door... try the lube first.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine pop open while driving due to the handle not being lubed. My friend that was driving behind me was thoroughly impressed by my quick "right-left" manuever to slam it shut ;-)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have love to seen that....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A can of spray lube (not WD40) and just spray the linkage under the handle... you can see the linkage if you look under there. No Problems, of course I also spray the hinges on all the doors and the hood at the same time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635