door lock problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rakowski

Reaction score
hey all ,
getting my Disco 03 bugs worked out, so here's a question i would like to ask, the door locks on passenger side and both rear passenger sides will not open with the switch on the dash or with the remote fob. only door that I can open is driver side with key. The only way to open them is reach over and pull the latch. so the "Land rover mechnic" says all three doors locks need to be replaced. 320.00 per door plus labor. Seems odd to me that all three doors have to be fixed. I just refuse to believe that all three would have a problem. any ideas or do i go back to the mechnic with my tail between my legs. oh and FYI brand new key w/remote

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you try to lock or unlock those doors, do you hear or feel the lock trying to move, what happens if you hit the unlock or lock button a couple of time?
Yes, you can buy good guaranteed used lock actuators, from $50 to $75 a piece if needed, how mechanical are you?

rakowski

Reaction score
I do hear the other 3 door locks trying to open. are you asking if i try the unlock button on the dash or the remote key fob? I am fairly mechanical with some instruction and or documentation

rakowski

Reaction score
If i can get the parts cheap enough and i have some type of documentation/instruction I would certainly try to replace them myself. So is it the lock actuators that have failed?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me your number and I'll point you in a couple directions for latch replacements.
As for a manual, down load a free copy of the Rave CD, link in my signature section, this is a pretty complete shop manual that will walk you thru how to do this.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem your having on my 1999 D1 and it was the actuators they would lock but they wouldn't unlock all the way unless you did it manually by pulling the lock tab up. I was also told to replace the latches but it wouldn't have helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM