door locks 2004 disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 disco I need to know if I can re key the front door lock or the only solution is to replaced and carry two keys
Thank you:confused:

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 keys

door locks 2004 disco

2004 disco I need to know if I can re key the front door lock or the only solution is to replaced and carry two keys
Thank you

Hi Ysaga:

I assume what happened was either the ignition lock or door lock was replaced without the other, and now they don’t match, correct? Well, this is now a 2 key Rover unless the other item is changed to be keyed alike somehow, I don’t see any other alternatives without spending money and time.

Best wishes ………………. Chongo
:bandit:

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your assumption is correct the door was replace and I do not have the key for the door the idea was to remove the lock and re-key the cylinder to the old key

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your assumption is correct the door was replace and I do not have the key for the door the idea was to remove the lock and re-key the cylinder to the old key

A real locksmith can re-key any lock to any exact specification or other existing key. He just needs the blank specific for your vehicle. :hello:

ljdiscovery

Reaction score
you can order the new key lock from the dealer. They can match it to the vin. You can also order a new door lock assembly that will come with a new lock and key that will be set to your vin so the key will also work in you ignition. Phil

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink