Drag link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

campbell

My steering damper broke off of my drag link. Can the steering damper bracket be welded back on to the drag link, or do I need to buy a new drag link?
I WILL be buying a new OME steering damper...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can weld it back. Its just bracket - no biggie

C

campbell

Thanks Sergei
I guess I was worried about causing a weak spot in the drag link by the welding. Don't want the drag link to snap while driving down the road. :ahhhhh:
It was welded on to begin with, so that is probably the route I will go.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can always pony up some cash and get real HD stuff from DAP inc, from Rovertracks, Rovertym.. :)

Thing is - them links are pretty weak to start with. So if you snapped it once - you may be better off buying HD links. In fact you can actually drive without dampener for a while quite nicely.

If you'd be closer to Durango - i'd just give you my old one, as it is about to hit garbage can.. (cleaning out garage due moving i am)

C

campbell

I went ahead and had it welded on. The steering damper should be in at the end of the week. I am on the verge of calling RoverTym and just have him fab a drag link up for me... I guess I am a little nervous to drive around with a potentially weak drag link.
I appreciate the offer for your drag link. Is it for a D2?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naah.. mine is D1.. i replaced both rods with HD version off DAP Inc about year ago.

Stock links for both models weak at best. If you do rock trails, or have habbit of turning wheels while track isnt moving - you better grab HD... They arent that heavier, they will get your steering dampener off harms way (with relocating kit) and overall - makes life safer. (you can actually lift track by rods made by Rovertrack folkz)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM