Driver Seat Power Height adjustment failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delray

Reaction score
Hello, posted on another forum also which seems to be down at the moment.
The response was that the SE '05 LR3 may not have an adjustment for up and down/tilt for the front part of the drivers seat?

Unless I have lost my mind (which is possible) I recall adjusting this often as my daughter and wife use the car!? Now the switch does nothing.

I am wondering if this is a motor or switch issue and how easy the motor or switch is to access or diagnose?

The seat power/motor back and forth works fine. Heating never worked on the driver side since I purchases about 6 months ago at 100K miles.

Delray

Reaction score
Weird ghost in the machine. I went to the passenger side to see if the height adjustment worked there. It did. I returned to the driver side and amazingly the control started working again. I don't know if the two are connected somehow electronically? Maybe just a coincidence.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our power seat memory has been nuts from day 1. Sometimes it remembers where you set it, sometimes not. Or it may try to crush you like a garbage compactor. We had the power seat module replaced twice under warranty and nothing changed. We have decided to just live with it and accept it as part of the "character" that comes with British electronics.

Other fun features include vanishing radio presets, dead radio, Bluetooth that does or does not find the phone each day, different times displayed on the radio and display above the steering wheel. The best part is that a simple restart often corrects any of these issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge