EAS Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once my compressor goes (hopefully not for a long time), I wonder if I can use the LR3 kit to convert to coil springs? I'd love to get rid of my air suspension.

-David

I, personally, love the way the air suspension works and I have a feeling that in the end the cost to fix it when needed or switching over to coil overs may not be so far off.

I've watched videos from a 4x4 school in the UK where they tested all the Land Rovers and it's amazing what progress can do. The newer ones are so much more capable than the old ones in most situations (lets not be mistaken, I love the style of the Defender).

My dealer offered access to a off-road "event" and I was surprised to see that the Evoque and LR2 performed better than a classic RR. The same way, besides approach and departures angles (and the looks), the one Defender present wasn't doing better than the LR4 or Sport.

Not bashing, this is just how I feel about the air suspension combined with the terrain control.

I don't think you'll need to switch over for a long time.

Axel

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked the truck with the new compressor installed (AMK). Everything seems to be in order and I can't wait to go offroad to give a real test.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns out that the new design AMK compressor is really fast. The old one (AMK old design - per a TB posted by Umberto (https://app.box.com/rrs/1/651774715/6144851239/1) the LR4 was always fitted with an AMK, rather than the Hitachi unit, they only slightly changed the design) was doing a good job but you can tell that this one is new as it seems to raise both front and back pretty much at the same time and really fast.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635