Easy Vacuum Problem fix...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of a rough idle, and a transmission weirdness, and a cruise-control problem, so I got out my scissors, and trimed a half-inch off each end of all my vacuum line ends, re-attached with a little spit, and this old beast runs so smooth, and the tranny shifts right, and the cruise works perfectly. The old ends were slightly stretched from heat, so I guess every-one already knew this? ..............never-mind

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brilliant! I should trim mine, too! Maybe it will fix my cruise problem & right rear tail light! I once had an 85 S-10 blazer running rough,shiftin' funny, & and losing 4WD. Replaced 30 or 40 feet of vacuum hose, (They were all soft & rotting) still runs great! I just wonder if there is a superior vacuum (silicone? or something) hose that would hold up better? Thank You, LRW.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When I replaced mine, I switched to all Silicone vacuum lines. Had a coupon with Summit, so I used it to get the complete kit version for s&h cost.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey - which kit you got? They have few and just yesterday i was pondering at very same idea.. But its kind of guessing game unless one know sizes..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem, I used the large diameter lines for my breather hoses from valve covers...they work very well.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent.

I used this technique to fix my cruise control today. saved me from buying a new hose, and it works great! woo-hoo. hah, I was able to talk a couple hundred bucks off the seller since the cruise didnt work too. MUAHAHAA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72