EBC Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to buy brake pads for my D2 and am looking for information from anyone who is currently using either EBC 6000 or 7000 Green Stuff pads or the Yellow stuff.
I am running DBA rotors and after 76,000 miles on an old set of Kevlar pads from the UK, I am looking for the best stopping power with the least dust, don't want the 3 Amigos coming on all the time.
Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: EBC Brakes

I am about to buy brake pads for my D2 and am looking for information from anyone who is currently using either EBC 6000 or 7000 Green Stuff pads or the Yellow stuff.
I am running DBA rotors and after 76,000 miles on an old set of Kevlar pads from the UK, I am looking for the best stopping power with the least dust, don't want the 3 Amigos coming on all the time.
Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mike;

Well, their green stuff pads are great - no doubt about it - I have had excellent wear from them and that's with an over-weighted Disco I. My jury is still out on their front rotors as I have just had to have my second set machined - was this a bad run? I am not sure - b ut they were their most expensive - dimpled and cross-slotted but not drilled right through and non-vented. I am waiting for feedback from Atlantic Brit about their experience with them and their other customers. I can get vented rotors from Brembo cheaper than EBC's and I am seriously considering that route.

The other thing to remember with EBC hi-perf pads is that, when cold, they do not have a lot of grab - you need to get your brakes warm before they will start really doing what they do best. But, of course, this is pretty much the same for all hi-perf brake pads.

Wolf

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. Which pads, exactly are you running? Are you saying you tried to machine their pads, if so why, that is a near impossible thing to do and not advised by any of the performance rotor manufactures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM