Electrical Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mountaingoat197

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to both the forum and being a disco owner. I have a 2003 Discovery SE with 70,000 miles. I love it and the car runs great until this last Friday.

I started the car and it wouldn't move out of park. I know this is often times attributed to a brake light switch under the pedal. I don't think that is the issue. My brake lights work, so I popped off the shifter knob and pressed in the latch with my finger to shift the gear. Below I will list what is working and then what is not. I have checked all of the associated fuses.

What works:
Headlights, Sunroofs, Front windows, dash lights, heaters, radio, heated seats, alarm, brake light, horn, defrost buttons and all center dash buttons with the exception of the power lock.

What doesn't work:
Back windows either from the center console or from the buttons on the back windows. Central locking system either with the button or key fob. Fog lights front and back, gas door, cruise control, rear windshield wipers basically any buttons that surround the speedo dash.

So any help would be great. As I said I really love this car and I would like to get it running again as soon as I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72