Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tahoeryan

I have a 1998 Disco and have an electrical problem. About a year ago I hit the brakes and the radio went out then came back on. Later in the week I did the same thing and the radio has never come back on. In addition to this, the heated seats, power seats, cigar lighter, and self dimming mirror are not functioning either. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. I would guess that all of these items are on the same circut(s). I think that it might be a relay problem, but could it be something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might have to switch out some switches and stuff. Find yourself a good LR mechanic that does not charge top dollar and have him replace everything needed. It will cost a pretty penny. Sorry to hear about the electrical problem.

Roverhound

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet you've lost a ground somewhere.
You might want to chase those around first.
Look under the dash around the fuse box and under the glove box.
Don't just throw parts at it, trouble shoot it.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet Walter (Roverhound) is correct, and you'll end up spending the better part of a day chasing ground straps. If you have an electrical troubleshooting manual for the D1 it'll describe where the various ground attachments are.

Start with simple things, like the negative battery terminal ground, the alternator ground, and the driver's side fusebox ground.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo